September 17, 2009

Fairy tale = One night stand?

Still have 200 more pages to read for tomorrow's class, but I really wanna leave something here for today. I didn't have the time to read through today's headlines, but yesterday, a video shocked me. I really wanna share it with you guys.

Remember, this "mother" actually is an actress, making an ad in a desperate attempt to boost tourism in Denmark during difficult time. Of course, one night stand is always attractive to men, and women. I believe it will definitely work. Besides lifting the tourist avenue, it can also help resolve the problem of low fertility rate. Wow, it sounds more intriguing than Anderson's fairy tales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-SSHxGGpjM

4 comments:

  1. "one night stand is always attractive to men, and women"

    ---- I don't think so, at least I am not attracted by it... do you??? haha, just kidding.

    seriously, here is my thought: from this ad, we can have a sense of the cultural differences between the northwestern European countries and the US. In north euro, people are kind of entering a post-modern era, this kind of things ( i mean one night stand) isn't that ethically flawed so people come up with this idea to boost their tourism. to the US people, i think this issue is still a serious issue.

    did you have time to visit the embassies in DC? Denmark and Sweden's embassies really can tell us a little bit about what kind of culture they have.

    well, i might be wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yi Xing, I have a question to ask. Did this really happen or it's just a desperate ad? I'm confused...
    Ling Zhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. I understand what has been happening now. A big shock to me anyway...
    Ling

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ad will definitely work! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete